It’s no denying that the foundation of excellent oral health lies in your toothbrush! Yes, that toothbrush by the sink holds your mouth and teeth’s future. For healthy teeth and gums, our South Brunswick dental team shares the basics of brushing!
The proper brushing technique comprises of the following:
- Your toothbrush should be at 45 degree angle to your gums.
- Move the brush back and forth in gentle, short strokes.
- Start with the outer surfaces and proceed to the inner surfaces as well as the chewing surfaces.
- Hold the brush vertically and make up-and-down strokes to clean the inside surfaces of your front teeth.
- Lastly, lightly brush the far side of your tongue to stave bacteria off.
We recommend brushing your teeth twice a day for roughly 3 minutes. Flossing will help remove food particles in between your teeth where toothbrush bristles can’t reach.
First-Rate Dentistry in South Brunswick, Dayton and North Brunswick areas
At Doctors of Dental Medicine, we build relationships that last for generations. We provide services for the entire family and strive for an enjoyable experience for all. Our dentists are dedicated to their profession. They challenge themselves to keep abreast of emerging technology and knowledge, and then master these to the absolute best of their ability. Get in touch with us by calling 732-329-3113 or by filling out this contact form! We look forward to helping improve your smile!